(Click the title above for your 9 page download)
How do these work?
- Add the 2 numbers next to each other in a row and write the answer in the circle above those 2 numbers.
- Add all neighbouring numbers in every row.
- Fill in the answers until the row above is full.
- Now add those numbers until you fill all the rows and reach the top of the pyramid.
- Where the numbers start at the top, subtract the number below it to find the missing ‘neighbouring’ number.
- Some pyramids work from the bottom up – addition , while others work from the top down – subtraction.One pyramid involves several addition or subtraction sums per pyramid = lots of practice!
- Each sheet has several pyramids = loads of practice
- There are 2 pages for each level = plenty of practice
- And we all know that maths practice = mastery
- The next level has higher number values or more numbers in each row.
- Place each sheet in a plastic protector and let your children use a dry wipe pen.
Visit Practical Page’s Mental Maths downloads for more maths pages.