We are using Exploring Creation books by Jeannie K. Fulbright for our Science curriculum.
Animal Classification Table & Cards
Here is an overview Animal Classification Chart with small labelled and illustrated cards
Download here ~ Classification Table+cards
Suggested activities with these cards:
- match animals to their descriptions
- group animals
- find other similar animals and add pictures to the group
- play snap
- make a mobile
- The lapbook for this book purchased from Currclick.com
- Free notebook pages for this book from Jeannie Fulbright’s Appologia Elementary Science site.
- Any extra animal study (if the learning moment happens 🙂 from homeschoolshare.com
- Additional science notebook pages from Notebookingpages.com
- Find any other resources on Science Notebooking Squidoo lens.
This download includes ~
1. Pictures of all land animals
Download Land Animal Pictures ~ Land Animal Pictures (includes the alphabetic list)
2. Alphabetic list of land animals (use for name search or a game of animal Bingo?)
Download Classification table ~ Table Classification of land animals
Some Tips & Ideas ~
- Cut and paste each animal on a world map where it naturally is found
- Arrange animals in country groups
- Cut out and group/ classify all the animals
- Paste/ arrange on the classification table
- Place animals on a classification tree
- Make an animal mobile and hang the animals in groups
- Find out the animal’s status – extinct, threatened, commonly found etc.
- Play animal bingo with these cards and the animal word list
My youngest daughter that she asked me to only do experiments instead of all the Sonlight worksheet. I purchased a “365 Simple Science Experiments” book and gave her free access to the Science equipment box. I included a stack of blank Science Observational notebook pages next to it and let her explore and experiment to hearts content. Some days she did 5 experiments!
Read my blog post describing Child-led Science Experiments ~ https://practicalpages.wordpress.com/2014/08/02/child-led-science-experiments/ and you can download the free Science Notebook bundle here ~ https://practicalpages.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/science-experiment-notebook-bundle.pdf
These downloads are free for your personal use. I humbly ask that you link back to my blog and that you please respect the copywrite on these pages.