What’s an aye-aye, a bilby, a kiang, a pika or wombat?
We love our Science lessons using Apologia Zoology books!
In preparation for our next book, Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the Sixth Day
Pictures of all land animals mentioned in the book (isn’t Wikipedia the best?)
Some Tips & Ideas ~
- Cut and paste each animal on a world map where it naturally is found
- Arrange animals in country groups
- Cut out and group/ classify all the animals
- Paste/ arrange on the classification table
- Place animals on a classification tree
- Make an animal mobile and hang the animals in groups
- Find out the animal’s status – extinct, threatened, commonly found etc.
- Play animal bingo with these cards and the animal word list
Some good references ~
- sheppardsoftware.com online animal classification game
- bbc.co.uk online game
- animals.pppst.com power point presentations and games
- teachersdomain.org wonderful online game suitable for younger children
Here are your free downloads ~