Most our meal planning is based around our Menu Planner Ideas ~ a list of meals and recipes we use most often. During our weekly planning sessions, we will select meals and allocate a person to cook or assist me in cooking on that day. ( I hope that we will each add some new recipes to the meal planner as we go along!)
Here is my Menu Planner free download ~ Menu Planner Ideas
How I made my board ~
- Paint a rusty old baking sheet. (Note to self: use rust remover paint next time!)
- Modge Podge scraps of fabric that match my kitchen scheme on to the board.
- Add some ribbon around the edges to finish it off.
- Modge Podge the title, Menu Planner Ideas and the days of the week over the material.
- Add a few more coats, allowing each to dry.
- Paste all our names on some magnetic tape and Modge Podge them as well.
- Glue-gun the white tile on the board.
- Glue-gun a bent fork to hold a recipe card. Bend 2 fork tines forward so that the card fits in easily.
Whether you use a white board, a framed menu planner, an online planner or a printed planner, hope that your week’s planning is easy and enjoyable!