This page features all the free downloads I created for our geography studies.
You are welcome to download these pages for your own personal use. I humbly ask that you please share the link back to my site rather than give the files away. And of course, none of these pages are for you to sell!🙂
Please click on the each title to visit the original post to view the extra websites, photos and tips, ideas and activities.
For free maps to print out:
I highly recommend (with no affiliation) an exceptional map program to purchase – Wonder Maps by Bright Ideas
Here’s your free download~ Water Cycle Notebook Pages
Free Download: Natural Disasters Major Events 2011 includes ~
- World map with events entered with symbols (grace please for any errors or omissions😉 )
- Calendar with colour-coded details in each month
- A blank calendar page
- Blank world map
- References and internet links (Disclaimer: I found information on major events and dates from most my information from Wikipedia and other sites, but I do NOT endorse or necessarily agree with any view points or comments from any of these sites.)
We used Intelligo Unit Studies for some of our Geography studies.
Activities included in these 12 pages:
- Describe a river from source to mouth – an accordion minibook
- River Vocabulary – an 8-flap minibook
- Label the major rivers on each continent – world map
- Label the major labels on your continent/ in your country – 4-flap minibook with several pages of world maps, maps of Europe, Australia and North and South America.
- Create a 3D river scene – Pop-up card
- 2 notebook pages; a blank page for minibook and notebook combinations and half-page-primary-lined.
Download the 12 page minibooks and notebook pages here ~ Rivers
Click here for 9 page pdf file with several images of most the major floods around the world in 2010 ~Floods Around the World 2010
- Continents and Oceans of the World – a world map with 6 flaps. (Great for revision!)
- Oceans, Lakes and Rivers of your land – 3 flap minibook
- Ocean Currents – double fold and flaps over a map. Children draw in the currents.
- Oceans, Major Rivers, Ports, Habours, Transport, Sport and beaches – layer minibook.
- Oceans Fact boxes – on waves, tides, currents and salt
- Ocean Vocabulary – and octagon petal minibook
- A notebook page to complete the download.
- A pop-up card and pictures to create a 3D tidal pool. Something creative!
Click the here for your download ~ Oceans
You can download our Mountains Minibook and notebook page here ~ Mountains minibook
You can download this minibook here ~ Hemispheres
- Page 1: A globe cut across the Equator to show Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- Page 2: Globe with the line of Longitude – Greenwich Meridian cut open to show East and West Hemispheres.
- Page 3: Globe with all the major lines of Latitude: Equator, Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, Arctic and Antarctic Circles.
- Page 4: Final page showing Arctic and Antarctic Circles.
We are studying the hemispheres and found this wonderful Geography Classroom Game ~
Letterboxing is an intriguing mix of treasure hunting, art, navigation, and exploring interesting, scenic, and sometimes remote places. To help the children create their Letterbox Clues using very detailed instructions to find the “letterbox”, I created Treasure Hunt clue words
We needed a Letterbox Log Book for each child and one for the treasure box, and I created these using a “hot dog” mini book template.
Links to other excellent Geography sites and downloads:
- Maureen at Homeschool Mo wrote a great post with stacks of Free Geography Resources For Homeschoolers
- I’d love to hear from you ~ if you have enjoyed a download, need advice or just wish to chat to me, please feel free to write on the contact form on my About Me page, I will respond to your private message ASAP🙂