Updated! A Mini Office is essentially a reference file or folder with all a child’s personal important information right at hand. This could be reference charts, handwriting charts, number lines, multiplication tables, vocabulary lists, handy facts and any other useful information. It is a handy way of encouraging children to work independently and to provide the necessary assistance without having to put up visual displays.
Updated! Junior Mini Office download ~Junior Mini Office updated 2018
- Number Line & Number Chart
- Ordinal numbers & Fractions
- Tally or scores, finger counting signs, Shapes, Colours, Directions
- Number words & Roman Clock and Roman numbers
- Multiplication Tables
- Seasons & Months & Days of the Week
- Days of the week & time of the day
- Address & Where am I?
- Weather symbols and Rainbow New!
- Sight Word Walls
- Phonic Alphabet New!
- Phonic Blends New!
- Family Words
- Print Handwriting Chart
- Cursive Handwriting Chart
Updated! Senior Mini Office download ~ Senior Mini Office Updated 2018
- Number Chart
- Number words New!
- Multiplication Table
- Keeping score / Tally, Finger counting, Shapes & Colours
- Maths Symbols & their meanings & Compass
- Ordinal numbers & Roman Clock & Roman numerals
- Telling Time , Clock face, Analogue & Digital Clocks New!
- Angles & Fractions Updated!
- Different types of fractions & Converting fractions Updated!
- Converting Units & Number Systems
- Percentages – Decimals – Fractions
- Circles – Definition & Formula
- 2D Shapes – Description Circumference & Area formula
- 3D Shapes – Description Volume & Outer Area formula
- Triangles – Definition & Formula
- Weather symbols & Wind direction & speed symbol & Celsius/Fahrenheit New!
- Cursive Handwriting Chart New!
More Maths Mini Office pages ~
Handy Tips ~
- Print out only the pages your child needs. (It is in A4 landscape format. You can try print 2 pages on 1 page to create a smaller A5 version.)
- Paste onto card stock or a file folder or lapbook.
- My senior children used a plastic display file folder.
- LAMINATE! It will last for years.
- Use whiteboard markers on your laminated surfaces.
- Keep handy in the child’s maths books, notebook or ring binder.
South African Mini Office ~ South African Mini Office Eng & Afrik
- Number line, number chart 1-120, number & words
- Order words & fractions
- numbers on hands, scores and shapes
- Directions, Numbers 1-20 *, Roman numerals
- Multiplication table 1-12
- Seasons*, Months of the year*
- Days of the week*, Telling time*
- Where I live
- Map of South Africa
- Weather chart*
- South African Money
- Sight Word Wall
- Sight Word Wall
- Family words*
- Handwriting Print & Cursive
Junior Calendar Mini Office with Days, Months, Season & Weather Chart download ~ Day Week Month Season Chart
A simple, practical idea for junior primary children ~
This is a 1 page-does-it-all-in-one chart all assembled with rotating circles and slide bars instead of fiddly flash cards, pictures, Velcro and all those other bits & bobs! Once assembled, the circles rotate and viewer slides to show the right pictures and information. Easy as pie!
- The child just checks the date and places the little yellow circle over the correct date, moves the circles behind the chart to show the correct day of the week, season, weather and temperature, and slides the bar to show the correct month. This chart maybe placed in your child’s file or added to your junior mini office!
- Assembly instructions:
- First download the 4 page pdf. file
- Then cut out all the windows on the chart, the season, weather, temperature, days of the week and date circles and the sliding month bar.
- Laminate the chart and all the circles and sliding month bars.
- Pierce the holes for the split pins or brads as indicated with black dots.
- Assemble the circles at the back of the chart as per instructions. (The month sliding window bar is a little more tricky, but I hope the photos will help.)
- Attach the 2 cardboard strips at the top and bottom of the month column with clear packaging tape. Insert the window bar from the front through the slits and wrap it around the strips and stick ends together at the back.
It is really worth laminating this chart when you make it!
We have used our chart for over 7 years and it is still as good as new!
You can research more on mini offices at Jimmie’s Hub Pages Mini Office