(Click the titles for your downloads)
3 pages of cursive handwriting charts including these ~
- These charts use the official South African school cursive form which is elegant and flowing.
- Start this when the child is in Grade 2 or 3 (around 8 or 9 years of age) and when he knows his print handwriting.
- Let your child use whiteboard markers to learn the letter shape and practice letter formation.
- Once the child masters lower case letters, let him/her learn the upper case letters.
- Then your child can copy and then write dictations and copywork in pencil on notebook pages.
- Only once the child can confidently write in pencil without too many errors, may he use a pen.
4 pages of simple tips and strategies to teach cursive handwriting using these laminated charts.
- talk as you show the child how to form the letters
- watch closely and wipe any mistakes out immediately and correct the writing before bad habits or confusion is set
- First trace over, then copy, then refer to chart until they can write without references
Learning lower case letters:
1. Find and copy over all round oval body letters ~ c, a, d, g, q
2. Find and copy over all the loop letters~ l, b, h, f, k
3. Find and copy over top curve letters ~ n, m, p, r
Pop over to my Copywork Pages.
Also have a look at my other handwriting posts:
- Famous world leaders’ quotes copywork pages
- George Washington Carver quotes copywork
- Inspired by nature quotes copywork pages
- Celebrating handwriting
- Charlotte Mason on handwriting
- Sitting Affect Handwriting
- Getting to Grips with Handwriting
- Fine Handwriting needs fine muscles
- Primary Lined pages for handwriting
- Laminated Handwriting Chart – but use your own font style!
- Cursive Handwriting – more tips
- Downloading handwriting fonts onto your computer
You are welcome to download these pages for your own personal use. I humbly ask that you please share the link back to my site rather than give the files away. And of course, none of these pages are for you to sell!
I’d love to hear from you ~ if you have enjoyed a download, need advice or just wish to contact me, please feel free to write a private email in the contact form on About Me.