(Click the titles for your downloads)
3 pages of cursive handwriting charts including these ~
- These charts use the official South African school cursive form which is elegant and flowing.
- Start this when the child is in Grade 2 or 3 (around 8 or 9 years of age) and when he knows his print handwriting.
- Let your child use whiteboard markers to learn the letter shape and practice letter formation.
- Once the child masters lower case letters, let him/her learn the upper case letters.
- Then your child can copy and then write dictations and copywork in pencil on notebook pages.
- Only once the child can confidently write in pencil without too many errors, may he use a pen.
4 pages of simple tips and strategies to teach cursive handwriting using these laminated charts.
- talk as you show the child how to form the letters
- watch closely and wipe any mistakes out immediately and correct the writing before bad habits or confusion is set
- First trace over, then copy, then refer to chart until they can write without references
Learning lower case letters:
1. Find and copy over all round oval body letters ~ c, a, d, g, q
2. Find and copy over all the loop letters~ l, b, h, f, k
3. Find and copy over top curve letters ~ n, m, p, r
Pop over to my Copywork Pages.
Also have a look at my other handwriting posts:
- Famous world leaders’ quotes copywork pages
- George Washington Carver quotes copywork
- Inspired by nature quotes copywork pages
- Celebrating handwriting
- Charlotte Mason on handwriting
- Sitting Affect Handwriting
- Getting to Grips with Handwriting
- Fine Handwriting needs fine muscles
- Primary Lined pages for handwriting
- Laminated Handwriting Chart – but use your own font style!
- Cursive Handwriting – more tips
- Downloading handwriting fonts onto your computer
You are welcome to download these pages for your own personal use. I humbly ask that you please share the link back to my site rather than give the files away. And of course, none of these pages are for you to sell! :)
I’d love to hear from you ~ if you have enjoyed a download, need advice or just wish to contact me, please feel free to write a private email in the contact form on About Me.