I could not imagine homeschooling without these amazing gizmos ~
- My laptop ~ I do all my research, planning, creating, corresponding and blogging here! I love downloading information, photos and ideas. I enjoy creating newsletters, designing worksheets, creating collages and making my own cards. I get a thrill finding information I need. I love to find free homeschool resources and online activities for the children.
- Printer/ scanner ~ I try to save paper, but I just love to print out our copywork and handwriting pages with the correct lines and fonts, and all the minibooks for our next lapbook, I spend the evening cutting and folding the minibooks. I love having everything ready for class time and my children have everything they need at hand. I am so grateful for the ink refill company who refills my cartridges at half the cost of new ink cartridges.
- Guillotine ~ I’ve had this since I was a public school teacher and I think we use it at least 3x a week!
- Laminater ~ This is my absolute luxury! It makes everything last longer and is excellent for things that the children handle daily.
- Camera ~ I take photos as often as I can. It keeps our memories alive!
- Stationary ~ I love some scrapbook hardware to make lapbooks and journals really spiffy! We have collected a few odds and ends over the years, and these are our favourites – shaped punches, “corner round edge” (sorry, I’m NOT a scrapbooker and don’t know the proper names!), eyelet punch, scissors with different edge blades.
I know that this list looks excessively expensive, but I have saved a whole year for some of these gadgets, and received the others as birthday gifts over the years. (Don’t all homeschool moms ask for printer/scanners for their birthdays?)
Also, I need to say that we don’t NEED these gadgets … I just love using them. I can homeschool in simplicity, without electricity, with the least cost … we just need some living books …
So, what’s on my homeschool gadget wish list?
- Labeller ~ I love to label things … especially books where spines have no titles. I would love the professional finish of a labeller … oh, and I’d also label all the things in my pantry …
- Heavy-duty stapler ~ I would be able to compile books and pamphlets …
- Spiral binder ~ to make gorgeous notebooks of my children’s work at the end of each theme/ term/ school year …
What do you all love to use for homeschool?