When a child practices mental maths – maths becomes quicker and simpler!
My girls look at their maths charts (Mini Office A5 Maths) too much, so I made some fun worksheets for practice. These worksheets reinforce adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing with just a few minutes practice every day.
You can download these worksheets ~
Maths Rockets ~ for adding/ subtracting or multiplying numbers on the side to equal the number in the roof (great for bonds)
Maths Butterflies ~ 5 sums for each butterfly, so good for quick reviews
Maths Corners ~ 4 sums for each number, also a quick worksheet
Maths In&Out ~ top row of random numbers “in” to work with a number and operation, and write the answer as “out”
Maths Caterpillars ~ each caterpillar has random numbers or operations, from simple to complex
Maths Amazing Squares ~ brilliant for bonds to 10 ~ all rows add to 10, up, down or sideways!
Maths In & Out
Amazing Maths 10 Square
You can use these sheets as they are or ~
* cut out each section and let them do just one little fun exercise a day
* use a part of the page for pre-lesson reviews
* use the blanks pages to reinforce the numbers or operations you are working on
* focus on 1 operation or number exercise (all x 2 or +2 exercises)
* remedial work with number concepts or operations
With a little regular practice the number combinations or patterns start to “click” ~ which is great for confidence and generates a positive maths attitude!
Let me know what you and your children think!