Here are 14 Famous Artist Biography Pages to accompany the Famous Artist Wall Chart.
These biography pages are presented in 3 formats ~
Biography Famous Artists Blank ~ A blank notepage ~ excellent to paste in minibooks or art appreciation lessons
Biography Famous Artists Red_Blue ~ With red & blue lines ~ for primary/ beginner writers
Biography Famous Artist Blackline ~ With black lines & grey dotted lines for middle school writers
Biography Famous Artist Blank
Biography Famous Artist Red&blue
Biography Famous Artist Black lines
And these are the famous artists covering several centuries, styles and mediums:
Leonardo da Vinci
Michelangelo di Lodovico
Raffael Sanzio da Urbino
Anthony van Dyck
Rembrandt van Rijn
Peter Paul Rubens
Paul Jackson Pollock
(I acknowledge that this is not a comprehensive list. If you would like a specific artist featured, please leave your request in the comments below.)
Click here to download more free Biography Pages
To complete this theme I will soon release a Famous Artists lapbook bundle. Please sign up for an email notification or put my RSS feed on your homepage! You’ll find this on my sidebar halfway down.
Launching ~ Famous Artists Wall Chart!
Recently I featured the Famous Impressionist Artists bundle, and this included a lapbook & minibooks, biography pages, and an A4 wall chart on each artist. Here is the new Famous Artists Wall Chart!
Pictures, mini-gallery & biography on each artist
The Famous Artists Wall Chart features:
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Michelangelo di Lodovico
- Raffael Sanzio da Urbino
- Sandro Botticelli
- Anthony van Dyck
- Rembrandt van Rijn
- Johannes Vermeer
- Francisco Goya
- Pablo Picasso
- Auguste Rodin
- Peter Paul Rubens
- Salvador Dali
- Henry Moore
- Paul Jackson Pollock
Included in this 17 page pdf. download is a brief biography of each artist and a mini-gallery of their works. This A4 page layout could also be added to a mini office. Use the chart (as Charlotte Mason suggests) to feature one artist a month and study his works.
To complete this theme I will soon release a Famous Artist Biography bundle and a lapbook and minibook bundle. Please sign up for an email notification or put my RSS feed on your homepage! You’ll find this on my sidebar halfway down.
Other Web Sites on these artists are:
http://gardenofpraise.com/art.htm – with lovely games, worksheets, biography and slide show of works
Suggestions and practical tips:
- Laminate all the portraits and gallery pictures. (These could be re-used each few years.)
- For review, play a matching game and match the gallery to the correct artist.
- Let your children research and find 3 more art works to add to the gallery.
- Expand each biography and let your children give 5 – 8 facts about the artist studied.
- Write a biography on the artist
- Make a minibook/ lapbook on a masterpiece or artist/ artistic style or era
- Let your children study at least one art work in-depth. Let them narrate as many details as they can after some time studying the picture.
- Make a sketch or reproduce their own version of their favourite art work for each artist.
- Try different art mediums through the year ~ sculpture, splatter paints, water colours, pen & ink, charcoal, make prints, collages, oil paint/ acrylic paints, photographs etc. …
- Try find additional coffee table books, library books, calendars or posters with Art from as many eras as you have studied
- Make an Artist Time Line.
- Enjoy art!
I acknowledge that this is not a comprehensive list, but the selection covers several centuries and demonstrates the variety of artists and their styles. I hope you and your children enjoy these pages!