What’s an aye-aye, a bilby, a kiang, a pika or wombat?
We love our Science lessons using Apologia Zoology books!
In preparation for our next book, Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the Sixth Day
Pictures of all land animals mentioned in the book (isn’t Wikipedia the best?)
Alphabetic list of land animals (use for name search or a game of animal Bingo?)Classification Table with each order on a new page
Some Tips & Ideas ~
- Cut and paste each animal on a world map where it naturally is found
- Arrange animals in country groups
- Cut out and group/ classify all the animals
- Paste/ arrange on the classification table
- Place animals on a classification tree
- Make an animal mobile and hang the animals in groups
- Find out the animal’s status – extinct, threatened, commonly found etc.
- Play animal bingo with these cards and the animal word list
Some good references ~
Here are your free downloads ~
- Pictures ~ Land Animal Pictures
- Classification table ~ Table Classification of land animals
For Bible Study we are using “Picture This!” from www.bibledraw.com and the children have enjoyed drawing their overview pages of each book of the Bible we have done so far.
All the stories from Genesis on 1 page
Exodus summarized in pictures as we read
Because this is a visual reference or overview, we often stop to ~
* study a story, event or characters in more detail (even dramatize ~ do puppet shows – finger puppets are quick and fun!)
* do some hands-on activity eg.: build models, do lapbook or minibooks
* memory verse practice
* sing songs or hymns
* write in our notebook pages
* place our timeline pictures (from Sonlight) on the timeline
I made a Tabernacle cross minibook shaped like a cross; with the outer court and Holy Place and Most Holy Place’s articles. There is place to write how Jesus fulfilled the Tabernacle’s purposes on the minibooks.
Cross-shaped minibook of the Tabernacle's articles
Writing about Jesus' representation on the outside of each flap
Cover representing the Outer Court enclosing the cross-shaped minibook
To go with this theme I made a Priest’s garment paper figure with all his priestly garments separately to dress him as described in Exodus.
High Priest's Clothes
I pray and trust the Holy Spirit to show us where to stop and listen to Him and obey what He is saying to us. He alone can make all of this word Light, Life and Truth!