instead of Sketch Tuesday.
Pop over to her post to follow all her Picasso guitar links and instructions.
This week we really enjoyed the “Partition, Bottle of Port, Guitar, Playing Cards” and I tweaked our art lesson using this painting as our main inspiration.
- Draw a guitar outline on an A4 page so that it almost touches all the sides.
- Place the guitar outline page inside a large A3 page and fold the pages in half and then continue to fold the pages randomly, creating creases through both pages.
- Unfold and flatten the pages. These creases will form lines which we will use to change colors.
- Cut out the guitar shape and glue it onto the large page.
- Draw the objects and background shapes.
- Paint the background and objects, the guitar and details in Picasso-style.
See you at the slide show!