I teach handwriting with laminated charts!
And it works!
And it’s fun for kids too!
With these charts you can teach neat, correct handwriting in just a few days! It is so much quicker than expensive programs, books or tedious worksheets. And better still, children begin to use their handwriting in a meaningful way within days!
How to begin?
- Download the handwriting charts.
- Print and laminate them for each child
- Use white board markers to practice writing
- Use the charts for reference when they do copywork
- Download and use the different lined pages below
- Apply handwriting skills with copywork pages
Go to the following pages ~
for print charts, teaching print step-by-step booklet and more!
for your cursive charts, teaching cursive step-by-step booklet, practice sheets and more!
Important Downloads ~
- Handwriting Tips Booklet 2015 ~ A comprehensive 17 page booklet with pre-writing activities, physical games, therapy ideas and strategies for teaching handwriting.
- Primary lines red&blue ~ A simple lined page with red, blue and a dotted grey lines, spaced for a size 30 font (really nice and large) and narrower lines for more advanced writing.
- Primary Lines Black&dot ~ Simple black lines with dotted middle lines for more mature writers
- Use white board markers on laminated charts, tiles or worksheets in plastic page protectors
- Use the softest crayons you can find
- Write on smooth paper
- Write with short, fat pencils
- Use pencil grips
(Read my post Getting to Grips with Handwriting)
- A child’s feet should rest on a flat surface if they cannot reach the ground. Use a small bench, wooden box, telephone directories or ledge if the child’s feet are “floating”. Tie a thera-band/ stretch band/ elastic exercise band (even a pantyhose?) to the 2 front chair legs so that the child can rest and swing his feet on this.
Therapy band foot rest
- The child should sit high enough to have elbows bend at 90 degrees and lie level with the table. Place flat cushions on the seat to reach the correct height.
More handwriting posts:
- Copywork Pages
- Famous world leaders’ quotes copywork pages
- George Washington Carver quotes copywork
- Inspired by nature quotes copywork pages
- Celebrating handwriting
- Charlotte Mason on handwriting
- Sitting Affect Handwriting
- Getting to Grips with Handwriting
- Fine Handwriting needs fine muscles
- Primary Lined pages for handwriting
- Laminated Handwriting Chart – but use your own font style!
- Cursive Handwriting – more tips
- Downloading handwriting fonts onto your computer
- An excellent link on problems with handwriting ~ 10 Homeschool Helps for Dysgraphia
- Handwriting Line Upon Line
You are welcome to download these pages for your own personal use. I humbly ask that you please share the link back to my site rather than give the files away. And of course, none of these pages are for you to sell!
I’d love to hear from you ~ if you have enjoyed a download, need advice or just wish to contact me, please feel free to write a private email in the contact form on About Me.