Here is a summary of all our art appreciation lessons, art activities and downloads.
We follow a Charlotte Mason art appreciation approach. She says,
“Children should learn pictures, line by line, group by group, reading, not books, but pictures themselves … After a short story of the artist’s life … the pictures are studied one at a time. Children learn not merely to see a picture but to look at it, taking in every detail.”
These pages includes a wall chart, biography pages and a lapbook on famous artists for you to download for free.
These pages includes a wall chart, an Impressionist Lapbook and biography pages as free downloads.
Art Appreciation Lessons
(Click on the links below the images for the post with all the links, free download and lesson ideas.)
Here is your free download ~ Paul Klee bio & gallery & art lessons
- “Word Art” with free grid download
Leonardo da Vinci
- Leonardo Pastel Portraits with free sketch outline
- Leonardo’s Baby Sketches with sketch downloads.
Pieter Bruegel the Elder
- Bruegel’s Wedding Feast with outline drawing
- Cow Skull and Roses
- Georgia O’Keeffe paintings with her famous quotes with biography page
- Free download ~ Georgia O’Keeffe quotes and gallery
- Georgia O’Keeffe Quotes
Albert Bierstadt in pastels
John Singer Sargent
William Adolphe Bouguereau
- Wonderful Works of William Adolphe Bouguereau with biography and gallery of his works
- Mondrian Inspiration
Vincent Van Gogh
- Berthe’s Woman Sewing in Her Garden
- Mending a Stocking – Another Vuillard Art Appreciation Lesson
Street Art Appreciation Lesson – Banksy and Stik inspired street art
Marjolein Bastin is a Dutch-noted nature artist, writer, children’s author and illustrator.
Other Art Lessons
“365 Things to Draw and Paint” Usborne Activities by Fiona Watt (ISBN 978-1-86806-319-2)
This book revived my 10-year-old’s love for art! All the lessons are simple, non-threatening and FUN! Read our posts ~
“Drawing with Children” by Mona Brookes
Read my blog post ~ Warm-Ups Works!
South African Artist
I hope these art lessons inspire you to give art a try in your homeschool! :)
I’d love to hear from you ~ if you have enjoyed a download, need advice or just wish to contact me, please feel free to write. I will respond to your private email via the contact form on my About Me page. :)