How do these pyramids work?
- Add the 2 numbers next to each other in a row and write the answer in the circle above those 2 numbers.
- Add all neighboring numbers in every row.
- Fill in the answers until the row above is full.
- Now add those numbers until you fill all the rows and reach the top of the pyramid.
- Where the numbers start at the top, subtract the number below it to find the missing ‘neighboring’ number.
- Some pyramids work from the bottom up – addition , while others work from the top down – subtraction. One pyramid involves several addition or subtraction sums per pyramid = lots of practice!
- Each sheet has several pyramids = loads of practice.
- There are 2 pages for each level = plenty of practice.
- And we all know that Maths practice = mastery.
- The next level has higher number values or more numbers in each row.
- Place each sheet in a plastic protector and let your children use a dry wipe pen.
Visit my Free Maths for more Maths pages such as Maths Rockets Butterflies, Flowers, In & Out for loads of fun practice! Enjoy 🙂