So, what exactly is Doodlewashed? Here’s Charlie’s explanation (emphasis mine) ~
DOODLEWASH – (noun)
- Anything one creates that involves a drop of water to create beautiful washes of color and/or ink: I grabbed my brush and made a new doodlewash.
DOODLEWASH – (verb)
- To apply water to colors and/or ink for the purpose of creating immense satisfaction: After I finished that sketch, I just had to doodlewash it!
DOODLEWASHER – (noun)
- Avid creator and artist who uses water with color and/or ink to make beautiful things
- One who can’t resist adding splashes of water to sketches: I sometimes just use pen and ink, but I’m a doodlewasher at heart.
- A super cool person: No way! I didn’t know she was a doodlewasher. That’s so awesome!
DOODLEWASHING – (verb-ing)
- The compulsive need to make something new and then apply water to it: I know there’s a new show on TV, but I’d rather be doodlewashing.
DOODLEWASHED – (adjective)
- of, relating to, or characteristic of a person who has become addicted to daily doodlewashing: I can’t imagine stopping now. I’m totally doodlewashed!
- The state of being one feels while “in the zone” while creating a doodlewash: It’s been how many hours? Oh my, I was so doodlewashed I didn’t notice.
- Having your amazing watercolor art featured on doodlewash.com: Yay! I’ve been doodlewashed!
- happy, calm, ecstatic, relaxed, delirious (it’s really your call here)
I took part in his August Adventure “Share Your Favorite Things” and it was a wonderful way to get to learn a little more about each other. He posted 31 topics for the month and we shared our daily sketches on Instagram’s #WorldWatercolorGroup.
Similar to participating in Sketch Tuesday, the simple act of daily sketching and sharing really heightened my creative juices, and I couldn’t wait to doodle and draw daily.
Join @Doodlewashed September Travel Memories and share in the creative Doodlewashing fun!