Here’s this week’s practical tip ~
When my kids were young, I found that a chair bag hanging on each child’s chair was such a practical help, but as my kids have become teens and work more independently, fabric storage boxes has helped improve our school organization tremendously.
- Each child has their own box to coral their notebooks, current books, Maths sets and stationary bags and personal art sets. The box is on their bookshelf next to current curriculum books, reference books and notebook files.
- My personal storage box holds my sketch books, art sets, nature journal and current book or project I am working on.
- Store nature study equipment and nature finds
- Pack out current theme’s books or reference materials
- Keep each person’s ongoing projects corralled and on hand
- Fabric color matches my study decor and looks attractive on the bookshelves
- When not needed, they fold up flat for easy packing.
- Once a quarter, each child goes through their own box to purge, file or reorganize. Mom’s might have to help younger children clear their boxes if they become a dump zone.
Hope this practical tip helps you keep your work space organized!
In Grace, Nadene