Here’s this week’s practical tip ~
Use a mini trampoline in your homeschool!
Children love to jump around and little kids need to move physically and let off some steam! Children are naturally energetic and suffer when kept still too long!
Here’s some rebounding tips ~
- A mini trampoline is an excellent tool for quick breaks between lessons, e.g.: “Jump and sing the ____ song and then come back to the table.”
- Jump and do drills! Maths skip counting/ time tables drills/ spelling/ memorizing is enhanced by jumping and clapping, e.g.: “Jump and count to hundred in tens. Now count back in tens from a hundred .”
- Use the mini trampoline to teach time or directions or compass points, e.g.: “Jump to the north/ south/ east/west “… or “Jump to 3 o’clock/ to 6 o’clock.” (I stick the labels with numbers or compass names on the frame.)
- Excellent for fun arrows exercises to teach directionality and spatial awareness, e.g.: point on the arrow chart to indicate – “Jump left! Jump right! Jump back! Jump forward!”
- Jumping is energizing for tired, listless or ‘bored’ children. (Does that ever happen in your homeschool?)
- Rebounding helps with improved memory skills.
- Rebounding calms hyperactive children.
- Bouncing is FUN!
- It is quiet, fairly small and easy to move.
- It is great for rainy days and when children can’t go play outside.
- It is great for moms! Exercise right near your kids!
Rebounding has several vital health-giving properties.
- It increases the capacity for breathing.
- It circulates more oxygen to the tissues.
- It helps combat depression.
- It helps normalize your blood pressure.
- It helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
- It increases the activity of the red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells.
- It aids lymphatic circulation, as well as blood flow in the veins of the circulatory system.
- It lowers elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It stimulates the metabolism, thereby reducing the likelihood of obesity.
- It tones up the glandular system, especially the thyroid to increase its output.
- It improves coordination throughout the body.
- It promotes increased muscle fiber tone.
- It offers relief from neck and back pains, headaches, and other pain caused by lack of exercise.
- It enhances digestion and elimination processes.
- It allows for easier relaxation and sleep.
- It results in a better mental performance, with sharper learning processes.
- It relieves fatigue and menstrual discomfort for women.
- It minimizes the number of colds, allergies, digestive disturbances, and abdominal prroblems.
- It tends to slow down aging.
Wishing you much bouncy joy in your homeschooling!