My kids have all used their mini offices for years,
mostly for maths, and, I am sad to admit, mostly for multiplication tables!
Anyway, a mini office is a very handy reference that one can personalize for each child’s needs and ages and stages.
I have recently updated both my Junior and the Senior Mini Offices.
- Number Line & Number Chart
- Ordinal numbers & Fractions
- Tally or scores, finger counting signs, shapes, directions
- Number words & Roman numerals with blank clock face
- Multiplication Tables
- Seasons & Months
- Days of the week & time of the day
- Address & Where am I?
- Sight Word Walls
- Family Words
- Print Handwriting Chart
- Cursive Handwriting Chart
The Senior Mini Office has only Maths information or cheat sheets ~
- Multiplication table
- Number chart
- Roman Numerals & Angles
- 2D Shapes with their circumference and area formula
- 3D Shapes with their circumference and area and volume formula
- Maths symbols & Compass directions and bearings
- Conversions of time, distance, volumes, mass
- Order of operations
- Fractions to decimals & percentages, Recurring decimals to fractions
- Different types of fractions
- Base numbers squares & cubes
- Number systems
Pop over to my Mini Office page & check out my super-duper all-on-one-page Calendar for junior primary!
- This is a 1 page-does-it-all-in-one chart, which when all assembled with rotating circles and slide bars instead of fiddly flash cards, pictures, Velcro and all those other bits & bobs, the child simply rotates the circles under the windows and slides the viewer to reveal the relevant pictures and information. Easy as pie!
Handy Tips ~
- Print out only the pages your child needs. (It is in A4 landscape format. You can try print 2 pages on 1 page to create a smaller A5 version.)
- Paste onto card stock or a file folder or lapbook.
- My senior children used a plastic display file folder.
- LAMINATE! It will last for years.
- Use whiteboard markers on your laminated surfaces.
- Keep handy in the child’s maths books, notebook or ring binder.
It is really worth laminating this chart when you make it!
We have used our chart for over 7 years and it is still as good as new!
- Pop over to my Freebies Mini Offices page for your free downloads!
- You can research more on mini offices at Jimmie’s Hub Pages Mini Office