This year I created a new homeschool notice board for my middle schooler.
I attached wooden clipboards and clips so that we can quickly change/ update or add new information.
There are 4 clipboards for ~
- Current Affairs
- Famous Artist
- Nature Study
- Bible Memory Verse
I included 2 smaller clips for Common Latin Words and the Famous Composer.
In this and a few following posts, I will discuss more on each section and share free downloads that I created for our notice board.
Today ~ Current Affairs
Your free download ~ Current Affairs Calendar Map & Symbols Sampler
Included in this download is ~
- 2 World maps
- Symbols for the natural and man-made disasters
- Colour-code to highlight different categories of the events
- Blank calendar pages which you can use again every year
We fit in this ‘minor’ activity on our “Tuesday – Timeline” day or our “Wednesday – World” studies day according to our 1-More-Thing “Theme of the Day”.
It is in doing these extras that your children will have a rich and rewarding education, and it doesn’t have to take long at all. Moms can quickly write in the latest events for younger children and let them find the country or location on the world map and draw in the symbol. It is quick and only takes a moment!
May you be blessed in your Geography and World Studies!
Several readers asked where they could find current affairs and news. Here are some excellent resources ~
- Ann Voskamp of Holy Experience posted “How to Feed Brains Everyday” with links to some amazing sites for several subjects.
- FREE Maps by http://d-maps.com/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2017_natural_disasters but click the home page and look at “In the news” for major events of the month.
- http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/ Pictures from around the world
- https://www.theguardian.com/news/series/24hoursinpictures Last 24 hours in pictures adult content. Please preview.
- http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Current+Affairs/International Headlines with country flags.
Much Grace, Nadene