Our latest Famous Artist is
His pictures are usually of rich, detailed interiors
featuring one or two people posed near a window.
Simple paintings to study and appreciate.
For the painting
Woman with a Water Jug
I prepared a 4-page printout ~ Jan Vermeer Woman with a Water Jug 3D picture
(Click the link for your free download)
I removed the background of 2 of the pictures using MSWord.
Now, the “how to” ~
- Leave the first main full picture complete.
- cut away some of the walls of the background in the next picture
- use foam squares on all the corners
- make a few larger cellotape circles for the insides of the cutouts
- cut away more backgrounds and details in the next layer
- carefully position each layer over the previous layer
- each layer brings the painting into 3 dimensions!
And at last ~ a full, 3D-version of the painting!
A quick, easy and very effective art appreciation lesson.
Give it a try with your kids.