I have been busy planning our Fine Arts for 2012.
May I share how I go about this?
- list all my classic CDs I already have at home (be faithful with what I have)
- check Ambleside Online’s composer schedule (free)
- find music appreciation unit studies free online – try Harmony Arts Mom (free)
- register with Naxos.com for online listening and hyperlink the composer studies (small monthly cost saves me having to buy CDs)
- match the suggested AO composers and my CDs and online music, youTube urls, other music studies and put 12 composers on my year plan (takes about a day)
- Last year we only covered 6 of our 12 planned composers, but we really loved those we listened to. I simply start this new year where we left off from last year.
I have updated my Famous Musician Pages to include ~
- Frederic Chopin
- Johannes Brahms
- and new biography pages with a map
She created detailed lessons based on the book World’s Greatest Artist Series by Mike Venezia.
I don’t have these books, but there is so many rich resources on the internet that I will link to the lessons.
I updated my Famous Artists page with wall chart and biography pages to include ~
- Georgia O’Keeffe
- Henry Matisse