We joined the felt food frenzy!
The kids and I made this “breakfast ” as a gift for a little pre-school cousin~
We all cut out and sewed the food. The girls used basic blanket stitch to close the edges and stem stitch for the embellishments.
Felt is a fantastic sewing medium!
- Young beginners can quickly sew pieces together.
- It stays in place and doesn’t shift when sewing.
- It is forgiving – mistakes are often ‘hidden’ or undone without giving any evidence.
- Colours are bright and clear.
- It is really cheap.
- A little goes a long way!
- Little scraps can be used for many things.
- It endures despite quite frequent playing.
There are some excellent websites for is more ideas, patterns and inspiration:
- The Petite Cafe.blogspot.com shares felt-dessert; felt-dinner; felt-lunch; felt-breakfast
- Helping Little Hands.blogspot.com has a felt cook along. She shares a great tip for remaking play food-boxes to last and this nifty idea to make mini-canned food looks real felt food
- Scribd.com for a Felt-Muffin-Pattern download
- Chasing Marcus.blogspot.com shows felt food
We’re off to make some more gifts!