This week we continued our Geography studies and dived into …
We combine our notebook and minibook pages; pasting the minibooks on our notebook pages.
My children write a lot of information in these minibooks.
They often prefer to draw or illustrate concepts on their notebook pages.
A little note for moms of young children ~
I still often act as scribe for my 8-year-old. I insist that she writes at least 1 minibook, and even so, she dictates to me and I write it on our little whiteboard. She then copies the work in her minibook. With gentle persuasion, I hope to wean her from much of my writing and allow her to do more on her own.
She is the type of child who hates to make mistakes! It is this anxiety that I think holds her back from freely writing on her own. But my years of teaching experience reassure me that she will eventually become an eloquent and proficient writer!
So what minibooks are in this bundle?
- Continents and Oceans of the World – a world map with 6 flaps. (Great for revision!)
- Oceans, Lakes and Rivers of your land – 3 flap minibook
- Ocean Currents – double fold and flaps over a map. Children draw in the currents.
- Oceans, Major Rivers, Ports, Habours, Transport, Sport and beaches – layer minibook.
- Oceans Fact boxes – on waves, tides, currents and salt
- Ocean Vocabulary – and octagon petal minibook
- A notebook page to complete the download.
- A pop-up card and pictures to create a 3D tidal pool. Something creative!
Click the heading below for your download:
Here are some of the online resources:
Online World Continent and Oceans Quiz lizardpoint.com
Maps of all oceans geography.about.com