Here in South Africa spring has sprung and my family loves spending time outdoors and in nature!
About Nature Study, Charlotte Mason said,
“Let them once get touch with Nature, and a habit is formed which will be a source of delight through life. We are all meant to be naturalists, each in his degree, and it is inexcusable to live in a world so full of the marvels of plant and animal life and to care for none of these things.” (Vol. 1, p. 61)
I created several Quotes about Nature Copywork pages.
These famous nature-inspired quotes are really beautiful. Following every quote is a lined section and then a writing prompt. These questions stimulate the child’s personal response to the quote.
My children keep several pages in their personal files and pull one out every day to copy beautifully. Although this is independent work, I enjoy discussing the quotes and their responses. I also sometimes ask them to make a star above their most “perfectly” written word.
These Nature-theme copywork pages will work well during nature walks and can be a delightful addition to their nature notebooks.
Click on the headings below for your download:
- Nature quotes for younger to middle school children with 2 copywork selections per page.
- These are fairly short and relatively easy to understand.
- A small picture adds a nature touch to each page.
- 9 page pdf download for 18 copywork selections.
- A single, slightly longer nature quote on a full page for older to high school children.
- Deeper and more personal writing prompts.
- Simple, but elegant page border creates a lovely finish.
- 22 page pdf download (so please be patient.)
Most of my quotes were found on famousquotesandauthors.com
Go to my Copywork pages for more free copywork pages.
Check yesterday’s post for more links on handwriting and copywork.
Go ahead ~ help yourself!🙂