has passed this Versatile Blog Award on to me
and I am really honoured and grateful.
Thank you for your wonderful encouragement and support!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- Now pass the torch onto other wonderful versatile bloggers.
I really thought long and hard about which 7 things I should share with you all …
My blog has not been essentially personal and yet I have met so many wonderful friends in the cyber-world that I feel that there are some interesting details you might be interested to read about me.
- We live the dream life – We live on a remote mountain farm in South Africa. We have pure mountain water, clean fresh air, miles and miles of beautiful views, stillness with only the sounds of nature. I love to plant and garden, and we harvest, cook and eat, preserve and freeze our own veggies. We grind our wheat with a hand-mill and my daughters make daily bread. We farm with sheep and the young girls really enjoy all the lambs. We are not fully self-sufficient, but we aim towards this goal.
- I cook on an old AGA stove – This stove is the heart of the house with its cosy warmth and deep, dark ovens which produce the most amazing stews and casseroles. Because it cooks slowly, I prepare the next meal 1 meal ahead and find that this saves me from the stress and rush of last-minute cooking.
- I love handwork and needlework. I love to sew, knit and crochet, and we all love arts and crafts. My eldest daughter (15-years-old) has become extremely passionate and proficient with sewing. My 10-year-old also wants to learn to sew and it is a joy for us all to make things for others as gifts.
- I love art, classical music and singing. The girls and I love to sing. I play the guitar very basically and wish I could really play a musical instrument well …
- I was a ballet dancer. I’ve danced during all my youth and when I was married I joined an adult Christian ballet company. I was 5 months pregnant with my 2nd child in my last public performance! Now I enjoy dancing with my girls.
- I was a Pilates and aerobics instructor for about 10 years with a marvellous Christian ministry called “Fit For Praise”. I am now only functionally fit (managing gardening, house-keeping!) and miss the classes and ministry since I moved to our farm. We used a lot of International Sign Language in expressing the words of the songs in this ministry and I would love to sign much more … but like all languages, if you don’t use it, you loose it!
- In 1984 I found Jesus as my personal saviour. As a Messianic Jew, I am so grateful for the Lord’s grace and mercy in showing me His complete plan for redemption. He is the reason for my joy and the purpose in each day. I trust that I live my life in gratitude to Him.
And now I wish to pass on this award to ~
Some new(er) blogs I found fairly recently that I think have inspiring variety and versatility are …
Chelle of Last In Line for her inspiring Charlotte Mason posts
Cee Lew at Ceelew.blogspot.com posts lovely photos of her family and their lives in Australia
Jedda at This Little Project has wonderful, creative projects for kiddies
Suzanne of Just Another Hang Up posts the most wonderful sewing, crafts homesteading ideas
Why don’t you pop over to see what these versatile blogs have for you to enjoy today?