A simple, practical idea for junior primary children ~ A Day, Week, Month, Season and Weather Chart
Here’s the chart I made with rotating circles instead of the little bits and bobs that one sticks on the chart. We used this when we were travelling a lot and I needed a 1 page-does-it-all-in-one type chart. My child just checks the date and places the little yellow circle over the correct number, moves the circles behind the chart to show the correct day of the week, season, weather and temperature, and slides the bar to show the correct month. This chart maybe placed in your child’s file or added to your junior mini office!
- First download the 4 page pdf. file ~ Day_Week_Month_Season chart
- Then cut out all the windows on the chart, the season, weather, temperature, days of the week and date circles and the sliding month bar.
- Laminate the chart and all the circles and sliding month bars.
- Pierce the holes for the split pins or brads as indicated with black dots.
- Assemble the circles at the back of the chart as per instructions. (The month sliding window bar is a little more tricky, but I hope the photos will help.) Stick the little circle to highlight the date with prestick on the front of the chart.
It is really worth laminating this chart when you make it! We have used our chart for over 3 years and it is still as good as new!