Launching ~ Famous Artists Wall Chart!
The Famous Artists Wall Chart features:
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Michelangelo di Lodovico
- Raffael Sanzio da Urbino
- Sandro Botticelli
- Anthony van Dyck
- Rembrandt van Rijn
- Johannes Vermeer
- Francisco Goya
- Pablo Picasso
- Auguste Rodin
- Peter Paul Rubens
- Salvador Dali
- Henry Moore
- Paul Jackson Pollock
Included in this 17 page pdf. download is a brief biography of each artist and a mini-gallery of their works. This A4 page layout could also be added to a mini office. Use the chart (as Charlotte Mason suggests) to feature one artist a month and study his works.
To complete this theme I will soon release a Famous Artist Biography bundle and a lapbook and minibook bundle. Please sign up for an email notification or put my RSS feed on your homepage! You’ll find this on my sidebar halfway down.
Other Web Sites on these artists are:
http://gardenofpraise.com/art.htm – with lovely games, worksheets, biography and slide show of works
Suggestions and practical tips:
- Laminate all the portraits and gallery pictures. (These could be re-used each few years.)
- For review, play a matching game and match the gallery to the correct artist.
- Let your children research and find 3 more art works to add to the gallery.
- Expand each biography and let your children give 5 – 8 facts about the artist studied.
- Write a biography on the artist
- Make a minibook/ lapbook on a masterpiece or artist/ artistic style or era
- Let your children study at least one art work in-depth. Let them narrate as many details as they can after some time studying the picture.
- Make a sketch or reproduce their own version of their favourite art work for each artist.
- Try different art mediums through the year ~ sculpture, splatter paints, water colours, pen & ink, charcoal, make prints, collages, oil paint/ acrylic paints, photographs etc. …
- Try find additional coffee table books, library books, calendars or posters with Art from as many eras as you have studied
- Make an Artist Time Line.
- Enjoy art!
I acknowledge that this is not a comprehensive list, but the selection covers several centuries and demonstrates the variety of artists and their styles. I hope you and your children enjoy these pages!