We’ve started our journey into Exploring Creation with Zoology 1 : Flying Creatures of the 5th Day by Jeannie K. Fulbright for this year’s Science curriculum.
I made a classification chart with cards for the girls to figure out the classification system.
(Download here ~ Classification Table+cards)
They can play games with these cards: match animals to their descriptions, play snap, make a mobile … any other ideas?
I’ve discovered that the hands-on activities help make the learning of new abstract concepts more concrete. With this in mind we will also use some of the following :
- The lapbook for this book purchased from Currclick.com
- Free notebook pages for this book from Jeannie Fulbright’s Appologia Elementary Science site.
- Any extra animal study (if the learning moment happens🙂 ) from homeschoolshare.com
- Additional science notebook pages from Notebookingpages.com
- Find any other resources on Science Notebooking Squidoo lens.