In a previous post on laminating your own handwriting chart I wrote about downloading handwriting fonts on to your computer.
Here are detailed step-by-step instructions! I found these font website sites very useful:
About.com:desktop publishing~ good school print and italic (Jarman) fonts.
fontspace.com ~ scroll to Cursif (1 with and 1 without lines) and select the font file you like. This site has a fabulous choice of other beautiful fonts!
- Download the font file. (I choose the True Type version for Windows.)
- Save the file on your computer
- Now, because these are zipped files (compressed to store loads of info) you’ll need to extract files (select this on the left side panel)
- An Extract File Wizard will open the individual files. One file will have a coloured icon with a “T” or a “O”. Right-click this file and press copy.
- Click on your Start button and select Control Panel
- Double-Click on Fonts icon
- In the space between the font icons right-click and press Paste
- Your downloaded font file will now appear in your MS Word and other Word programs.
- Open your Word document and select your font in this program and increase the size to suit your child’s ability and maturity or for the page you are typing.
I hope this helps! I have made all my copywork pages using downloaded fonts!