This 21 page comprehensive booklet Handwriting Tips Booklet has pre-writing activities, physical games, skills, techniques and processes that we used to learn to write well.
Here is an overview:
- Large before small ~ physical exercises and games = fun ways to make letter shapes!
- 3D before 2D ~ all young children must use all their senses to learn
- Gross motor before fine motor ~ ideas to strengthen large muscles before using fine, small muscles
- spatial awareness – left/ right/ up/ down ~ an arrow chart – EXCELLENT method for directionality!
- talk through every shape and movement of each letter ~ visual and auditory clues
- posture ~ helps stabilize and support the writing muscles
- good writing equipment ~ simple tools to create successful writing
- finger fitness ~ more fun activities and games
- practice makes perfect ~ as with all new skills 🙂
Visit my Handwriting Pages for more Practical Pages. Enjoy!