Organizers, planners and timetables
1. Overview & Year Planner
For a bird’s-eye view of a balanced and holistic education I used “Home Centred Learning Methods” model from The WholeHearted Child Home Education Handbook by Clay and Sally Clarkson from Whole Heart Ministries. (Read the review on my Book List)
You may make a copy for each child or use different colours for each child. I wrote in all the subject materials/ books/ curriculums/ downloads needed to serve each subject and jotted them in the spaces.
2. Blank Year Plan
Use this form to assign the subjects from your overview plan to each week/ month. Use this page to write daily, weekly or monthly work and what skills and activities we would use.
3. 36 Week Planner
Our school year is about 36 weeks long. Allocate the work for each subject into the weeks for the year. This will become my master plan, but it will be flexible – I don’t REALLY know how long some work may take or if we decide to spend more time on something. It is not a strict schedule, but a guideline! [sigh of relief ...]
4. Weekly Timetable
Fill in the Weekly Timetable to outline what work you cover for each week. There is place to record the dates and comment on the work completed (or boxes to tick!). This becomes my record of work. (Change the subjects down the side to suit your own needs.)
This is how my weekly record of work looks. (I still have to plan the Bible readings in the Bible column.)
5. Daily Timetable
I place a Daily Timetable in each girl’s file and/or on my notice board for reference.
(Click the title to read how we add a daily theme to our basics each day)
- Monday ~ Main Core = More research on the topic, read other books, get going with a project or a lapbook, sometimes just catch up on reading.
- Tuesday ~ Timeline & Science = add details to timeline chart/ Book of Centuries and a lesson from our Exploring Creation Zoology books with a quick notebook page/ minibook element
- Wednesday ~ Wonderful World = Geography study/map work/ and our regular Nature Study activity
- Thursday ~ Tea & Poetry & Shakespeare = we simply read and listen and enjoy
- Friday ~Fine Arts = Famous Composer and Famous Artist of the month. Simply appreciate his music or an artwork. We sometimes do an art activity or Sketch Tuesday while we listen to the musician.
Read about the children’s school supplies, files, seating and practical homeschool organizational tips
A summary of how we organize our schoolroom:
My side of the room
A post with all my report and evaluation forms:
Read how we Review, File, Evaluate and Celebrate at the end of the year.
Very practical tips on how to organize your children’s educational games, puzzles and even your dressmaking patterns!
(Feel free to download and change anything/tweak/ or ignore what will NOT work for you. )
I will update these pages and add new planners, so please click to subscribe for email notification or RSS feed (just under my Gravatar) for the latest posts.
I hope these pages give you some ideas.