Mini Offices are an ideal method of keeping all the charts, facts and lists at hand in a lapbook folder or file folder or reference file.
On this page I have 3 Mini Offices:
- Junior Mini Office
- Days of week, Months of the Year, Season, Weather and Dates Mini Office
- Maths Mini Office for middle & senior students
(Please scroll down to view the downloads and all the photos.)
Junior Mini Office ~
I have made a junior primary mini office (with Afrikaans* for South African students)
Included in this download are:
- Number line, number chart 1-120, number & words
- Order words & fractions
- numbers on hands, scores and shapes
- Directions, Numbers 1-20 *, Roman numerals
- Multiplication table 1-12
- Seasons*, Months of the year*
- Days of the week*, Telling time*
- Where I live
- Map of South Africa
- Weather chart*
- South African Money
- Sight Word Wall
- Sight Word Wall
- Family words*
- Handwriting Print & Cursive
For the complete A5 (half page) mini office click here ~mini office A5 all
For those who want the mini office in large A4 (full page) click here ~mini office A4 junior all
For just the Math section of this mini office click here ~mini office A5 mathcs
For the South African section only click here ~mini office A5 SA Eng&Afrik
For the Word Wall and Handwriting section click here ~mini office A5 wordwall-writing-live
I have made this mini office on a lapbook folder cut in half across the width and it looks like this:
You can research more on mini offices at these sites: Mini Office Squidoo
2. A Day, Week, Month, Season and Weather Chart
A simple, practical idea for junior primary children ~
Click your download here ~ Day_Week_Month_Season chart
This is a 1 page-does-it-all-in-one type chart without lots of flash cards/ sticky pictures/ velcro and accessories! Once assembled, the circles rotate and viewer slides to show the right pictures and information. Easy as pie!
Here’s the chart I made with rotating circles instead of the little bits and bobs that one sticks on the chart. We used this when we were travelling a lot and I needed a 1 page-does-it-all-in-one type chart. My child just checks the date and places the little yellow circle over the correct number, moves the circles behind the chart to show the correct day of the week, season, weather and temperature, and slides the bar to show the correct month. This chart maybe placed in your child’s file or added to your junior mini office!
- First download the 4 page pdf. file
- Then cut out all the windows on the chart, the season, weather, temperature, days of the week and date circles and the sliding month bar.
- Laminate the chart and all the circles and sliding month bars.
- Pierce the holes for the split pins or brads as indicated with black dots.
- Assemble the circles at the back of the chart as per instructions. (The month sliding window bar is a little more tricky, but I hope the photos will help.) Stick the little circle to highlight the date with prestick on the front of the chart.
It is really worth laminating this chart when you make it! We have used our chart for over 3 years and it is still as good as new!
3. Maths Mini Office for middle and senior students
I have combined all the current Maths work in this 13 page download ~ Click your download here ~ Mini Office Senior Maths A4
Included in this Maths Mini Office are~
- Multiplication Chart
- Shapes and Counting
- Roman Numerals and Angles
- 3D Shapes with formulas for area & volume
- 2D Shapes with formulas for area & circumference
- Circles with formulas for area & circumference
- Triangles with angles, area & Pythagoras Theory
- Maths Symbols and Compass Points
- Fractions, Decimals & Converting Fractions
Here are some examples of the download:
Not all these pages are relevant for middle school children.
(But, print the pages you may not need at the moment out and store these pages in your reference file for future use,)
- You can paste the reference material in file folders,
- Laminate them for durability, or
- Place the pages in flip file with plastic sleeves.
- Each child will only keep the relevant pages in their folder.
- The Maths pages are full size. (If you want smaller pages, select “print 2 on 1 page” in your print options and it wll print the pages half the size.).