You may download these pages for free!
I humbly ask that you give the link back to this site if you wish to share these pages with anyone. Please honour my copyright.
Famous Impressionist Artists featured are:
Edgar Degas, Vincent Van Gogh, Georges Seurat, Paul Cezanne, Claude Monet, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Paul Gauguin, Mary Cassatt, Paul Signac, Alfred Sisley, Camille Pissarro, Bertha Morisot
(Click on the title for your download)
Charlotte Mason suggests that we teach art appreciation and feature one artist a month and study his/her works. I have selected my favourite Impressionist artists and made a gallery of their works. I included a brief biography of each artist in this 16 page pdf. download.
Artists & a gallery of their works
A4 Wall Chart with picture, gallery & biography
Some more tips and suggestions:
- Laminate all the portraits and gallery pictures. (These could be re-used each few years.)
- For review, play a matching game and match the gallery to the correct artist. (I confess that it was challenging for me when I cut up the pages for the chart! :) )
- Let your children research and find 3 more art works to add to the gallery.
- Expand each biography and let your children give 5 – 8 facts about the artist studied.
- Let your children study at least one art work in-depth. Let them narrate as many details as they can after some time studying the picture.
- Make a sketch or reproduce their own version of their favourite art work for each artist. Use other techniques – make a mosaic instead of doing pointillism, or use water-colour pencils and then ‘paint’ with water to give the paint effect. (How about trying this re-enactment of an art work – Seurat’s painting in a real life photo!)
- Try find extra coffee table books, library books, calendars or posters with Impressionist Art. (Have a look at Jimmie’s Collage on her art appreciation idea.)
- Put the featured art as a background or screen saver on your computer.
- Nothing beats seeing excellent art in real life – so visit a gallery or visit a local artist at their studio.
- Enjoy art! Let it touch our hearts!
For a lapbook or notebook & minibook combination, this versatile 18 page pdf. package includes thumbnails of masterpieces, suggested activities, blank minibook templates and an organized lapbook planner for any option using minibooks. This download will offer enough material for dedicated study of each artist and their works.
3. Famous Impressionist Artist Biography Pages:
Blank Biography Famous Impressionist Artists ~ Our 13 featured artists on blank page. Ideal for minibook combo!
Primary Biography Famous Impressionist Artists ~ The 13 artists with red & blue & dotted grey lines in wider spaces for beginner writers
Black line Biography Famous Impressionist Artists ~ As above with neat black and dotted grey lines for more mature writers.
Other Web Sites used:
You are welcome to write to me privately on the comment form below and I will reply ASAP.