Last week I posted my first in a series of 4 Art Movement Timelines.
I have divided them into sections due to the size of the downloads.
Click here for your 14 page download Art Timeline on 19th Century Art ~ Art Era Timeline 19thC-Late 19thC
I have provided a basic definition of each art movement and included the dates and names of the founders and the most eminent artists of that movement. Each artist has a thumbnail of their work. I have placed each art movement on a new page for clarity and to assist the study of different eras.
19th Century Art Movement Timeline focuses on the following movements:
- The Hudson River School
- The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood
- Victorian Classicism
- The Arts and Crafts Movement
The Barbizon School
Here’s a peek at the timeline:
Some ideas on how to use this timeline:
- Print it and create an Art Book of Centuries, or
- Add these pages to a student’s own Book of Centuries or
- Cut and paste the pages end-to-end as a continual vertical art timeline (it will be huge!)
- Cut out and add the artists and their art work thumbnails to a dedicated art timeline or an existing timeline
- Laminate and cut the artists as cards and let children match the artists to the eras
- Use the information and write your own artists on the timeline as you study them
I downloaded all the information for these timelines from Artcyclopedia.com.